From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy installation does not have write permission

Hi,

I am testing building an installation with a TestStand sample. I have administrator when I build the installation. This installation with create a folder under Program Files. When I ran the test which finally generate a report using default report generation, it cannot write the report into the installed folder. I check and it has read only permission. I am not sure how to enable the write permission automatically. Please help me with this.

Regards,

Thang Nguyen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,868 Views)

In general, on the Windows OS, having a program write to the "program files" directory without requiring privilege escalation to the admin level is not recommended. That directory is intended to be a place where the programs themselves are stored and is not writable by default without admin level privileges for security reasons (to reduce the ability of malicious programs to modify installed programs). That said, you can change the file system permissions of a directory using the Windows file explorer (you will need to have administrator privileges to do so). Right click on the folder in Windows explorer and go to the security tab. See Microsoft's help pages for more information.

-Doug

Message 2 of 2
(3,837 Views)