cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging error -2147467259 with Labview Simple Operator Interface

Labview - Simple Operator Interface
Labview 8.01
Teststand 3.5

Error -2147467259 occurred at User-defined error code. [Error Code: -2147467259]
Possible Reason(s):
Labview: (Hex 0x80004005) Unspecified error.
                                                                       Continue

I get this error when I exit the test sequence. The same error if I 'terminate all'.
I don't see this error if I run directly from TestStand sequence editor, so it must be masking the error or handling it differently.

Where is this error message posted? Does anyone recognise the design of the message, etc?
I am pretty new to debugging Labview projects and the only place that I see an error popup is in the Top Level VI

If I click 'Continue' then the CPU usage goes to 100% for the operator interface task and I have to kiil the task to end it.
If I knew where this was in the code, I might be able to handle the error.

Anyone have a place for me to start?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,565 Views)

Hi checkers18,

Are you running the TestStand default simple operator interface or have you made any changes? Have you mass compiled the operator interface directory (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.5\OperatorInterfaces\User\Simple\LabVIEW) and then recreated the TestExec executable? If not, I would suggest doing this.

Does your sequence file call any LabVIEW VIs? If so, have you tried mass compiling the directory that contains your VIs

Let me know what you have done in terms of mass compiling.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,549 Views)
I installed LV 8.01 and did a mass compile as a part of that installation.

My version of the simple OI was hanging on this error, so I went to the NI directory and started up the standard simple OI there. I got the same error with that OI.

If we just talk about the NI version of the OI, then I believe it was part of the original mass compile for LV 8.01 and I did not make any changed to that OI.

I have since found the VI that shows the error code 'Simple OI- General Error Handler (CORE).vi' and changed it in my OI so that it would show the 'continue' and 'stop' buttons. When I get the error and press the 'stop' button, it still hangs.

I don't know where this error came from, excepting that I believe it is a part of the test sequence. We have a call to open an msSQL database in ProcessSetup and close it in ProcessCleanup. If I skip the DB close statement, then there is no error; so I guess that TestStand has somehow closed the connection for me and when I try to close it again, I get the error.

What I don't like about these Operator Interfaces is the fact that they will hang on a user defined error code. There has to be a way to make the OI close, even wehn an error has occurred, no?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,542 Views)
P.S. how do you force a mass compile?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,541 Views)

Hi checkers18,

To force a mass compile, you select Tools >> Advanced >> Mass Compile.

You may want to refer to the KnowledgeBase I Get "OleInitialize Failed Error" if I Try to Connect to Microsoft Access Database because your issue seems very similar. 

Also you may want to consider using the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Provider instead of the ODBC driver if this is your case.  I found that in general this path to use a Jet database is faster and tends to have fewer problems. 

Also try and run our database example to see if you have problems. This example is located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.5\Examples\Database.

Let me know what happens!

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,536 Views)