From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database web viewer

Hi,

I've set up a mysql database and my teststand results are correctly saved to the database.

I would like to display these results in a web page. Is there any tool that would nicely display the results without requiring sql queries knowledge ?

I know that there are tools like phpmyadmin but I'm looking for something simpler as I don't need to manage the database through a web interface.

Is there also a description of all the tables and the links created by teststand ?

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,239 Views)

Alex,

the "description" of the tables and 'links' (it is indeed a 'relation' created by 'foreign keys' in the tables) is the "database schema" you are using for logging the results in the database.

So you would like to review the schema you are using in order to know the highest complexity your database can look like for the TestStand results (you might have some additional custom tables in the database which are never toughed by TestStand!).

Regarding a web based SQL Viewer: I am not familiar with any, but maybe Google is....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,219 Views)

hello,I get the same problem just like yours,did you get the method to read data from MySQL database with a way which is esay for normal user?looking forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(785 Views)

TestStand installs its Database Viewer application. You might try. Is it a simple way of displaying DB? You need to judge for yourself.

Here are two help file links (run it in cmd):

hh.exe mk:@MSITStore:%TestStand%\Doc\Help\TSRef.chm::/InfoTopics/DBViewer.htm
hh.exe mk:@MSITStore:%TestStand%\Doc\Help\TSRef.chm::/InfoTopics/DBViewer_CommandLine.html

Here are the tutorials:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x0cNCAQ

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kKLzSAM

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(770 Views)