NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database, data missing, on the fly logging

TS 2014

Access database, standard NI-TS tables.

I'm missing data in PROP_RESULT and STEP_RESULT.

UUT_RESULT seems ok.

I believe it's related to disabling "on the fly logging".

Anybody knows if it's me doing something wrong, or is this a bug ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,176 Views)

I don't see what is missing here.  That step is the call in your entry point so there is no parent.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,164 Views)

I don't get it.

All the data from my e.g. numeric limit steps is missing.

Before the yellow line, the "on the fly logging" checkmark was enabled, below it's not.

Before the line I can find the step data, after the line - nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,131 Views)

the size of my database file was almost not growing, and after setting "on the fly logging" it's doing so...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,123 Views)

It almost sounds to me like you have a sequence call that has result recording turned off but all the steps inside of it are still populating the resultlist.  Or you are doing it in a different callback than MainSequence.

The way result collection work is that when MainSequence gets called by the Process Model it starts collecting results from its steps and putting them in Locals.ResultList.  Once it returns to the Process Model whatever is in Locals.ResultList is what gets put on the report/in the database.

However, if you are using on the fly then there is potential those steps are being logged but not passed back up to MainSequence.

I'm curious, if you turn on an HTML or XML report is all the data showing up on the report with on the fly disabled?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,117 Views)

my sequences has some steps where repoting is disabled.

I use atml reports as well, and these are fine and have always been.

I didn't notice this issue until i've been running for 1 month without the important data in yhe database.

Fortunately i was saving the atml reports too.

I consider my sequences pretty straight forward. I have a preUut callback, a postUut callback and in one of them a reportOptions callback.

Nothing which should mess with the database.

I tried to create a dummy sequence and a new database. In that case it works with or without on the fly logging.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,110 Views)

If that's the case then my question would be- What is the difference?

I would start by whittling down my sequence file to see what is causing the issue.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,103 Views)

I tend to think the problem is database related more than sequence related.

I had 3 different sequencefiles (stations) reporting to the same database.

Are there any known issues with access databases and the way TS utilizes them  ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,090 Views)
I never had good luck with using the Jet database. Nothing really to do with TestStand. It's just not that robust for multiple clients. I would recommend the free version of SQL Server or MySQL.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,078 Views)