From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSource visible in Flow properties

Hi.

Is there anyway that I can show the expression Step.Datasource in the column "Flow Properties" in the editor.

If you for instance inserts a "Post Expression", then you can see that afterwards in Flow Properties... and if you stop the mouse cursor on that spot, then it show you the expression..... but you cant see that with DataSource... is there anyway to make that working????
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,811 Views)

Bojer,

It is not possible to modify what TestStand displays under the "Flow Properties" column.
I assume that you want to be able to see your Data Source at execution time.
You could accomplish this by creating a custom step type that takes "Step.DataSource" as the Step Description Expression.
In that way you would see the Data Source under the description column at execution time.

Hope it Helps.

If you have any question let me know.

Antonio Lie.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,788 Views)

Hi Antonio.

It's actual at editor mode I want to be able to see step.datasource... just like you see a lot of others settings, for instance locks, preexpression and conditions in the "flow properties" column.

So the question was more a improvement for later releases....

Kind regards Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,747 Views)