NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Logging (Making new varaiables in logging......)

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello,

I want to log new variables to my database (for example StationGlobals.TS.CurrentUser.FullName or StationGlobals.ProductionNumber). But it doesn´t work. I can only choose in the expression field in database options the logging.(for example UUTResult.Status) path. How can I add new variables to choose them for logging??

thankyou

Schwede
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,074 Views)
Schwede -
What version are you using? If you look at the Expression Browser dialog box for an expression in the Database Options dialog box, you should see a context that should include both "Logging" and "StationGlobals". If you are not showing hidden properties, the "StationGlobals.TS" property will not be visible, but your other one should be visible. Why do you say that it does not work?
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,072 Views)
Hello,

Iàm using TS 3.0. I have tried again to change the expression field, but if I choose an expression (logging, stationglobals....) and confirm it with the "OK" button. The old expression appear in the expression field when I started the database options again. It seems that it is locked.
Is it a canfiguration problem??

Schwede
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,068 Views)
Schwede -
There was a bug in a utility module that the Database Options dialog box uses to display the expression edit control and the f(x) button combination. This has been fixed in 3.1. The problem is that if you specify an expression using the f(x) button, the expression does not get committed propertly in the text control next to the f(x) button. If you instead type the expression in the text box, or use the f(x) and then edit the text in the text box, the problem does not occur. This occurs with the VB dialog boxes only, database options and the IVI step types. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Scott Richardson
Message 4 of 5
(3,064 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Schwede
Yes that`s it!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,055 Views)