NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DaqMX parallel executions error -50103

Hi all,

I am working on a system with 16 test sockets. I am using a PXI system with PXIe-4357 RTD cards, each station has 2 RTD's. If I run 1 or 2 stations it works well, if I try to run 3-4 stations simultaneously, I get error -50103. I have set my VI's to be non-reentrant and I have used the Task Done VI and I unreserve and clear the task. This VI is called by another VI which is in a TS loop. The loop runs pretty slowly, and I have implemented a 0.5s delay.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Please see my VI attached.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,163 Views)

If you are calling multiple instances of the attached VI from TestStand and more than one instance is creating a task on the same card you will receive that error. I would recommend ensuring that all channels per card are part of the same task to avoid that error. 

RF R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,090 Views)

You need to be carefull when using multiple test sockets and calling instruments. 

As suggested below, it might be a good idea if you make a task where you call all the readings at the same time. and you can run that as a Thread on the background always and write the value to a FileGlobal or StationGlobals.

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,063 Views)

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up making a single task in a background thread which reads all of my sensors into arrays, then I pick off the data required per socket.

I was under the impression that setting the VI's as non-reentrant would allow my original idea to work as only one thread had access to the VI at any given moment. Guess I was wrong!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,061 Views)