NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM 4060 + Switch 1127 scanning in TestStand 3.0

Robot surprised
Hello,

i want to make a scanning measurement with my NI-4060 and SCXI-1127 (2x32) with TestStand. Can somebody send me an example for this or tell me the configuration of the steps. It`s not so easy i think. I have one step to configurate the switch and one for the dmm. And i have one step to start scanning and one to read the result from the dmm. But how is the order of this? With came first? What trigger i must choose (especalliy for the SCXI-1127)?

Can you help me?

greetings Schwede
Robot Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,977 Views)

Schwede,

The easiest thing for your to do is called a LV vi from testStand that actually do Switch/Dmm handshaking. We have shipping examples that are installed when you install NI-Switch with NI-DAQ. The examples are in \Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\instr\niSwitch.

You can either use synchronous or handshaking as your mode of scanning. We have a section in the NI Switches help file that describes both methods: NI Switches Help>>Fundamentals>>Scanning.   

To find information on triggers refer to NI Switches Help>>Programming with NI-Switch>>Features>>Scanning>>Scanning NI Switches with NI Digital Multimeters>>Single module scanning. There you can select your setup according to the schematics and find out which triggers you need to use.

Guy Ferraro

Switch Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,962 Views)
Schwede -
What development environment are you using for your code modules; are you using LabVIEW, CVI or other?
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,951 Views)
Hello,

iám using LabView 7.1 and I want to use the switching and dmm functions of TestStand. It is possible or must I use a LV vi?

I have problem with the configuration (using SwitchExecutive 2.0) of the switches too. Now Iám using a SCXI-1127 with a SCXI-1332 (8x4 matrix) in a SCXI-1000 (PCI-4060). I want to upgrade the system with a SCXI-1127 and a SCXI-1331 (2x32 mux). I have decided to use the first card as a switch (for powersupply etc.) and the second card for scanning. The dmm is on the analog bus (connected at the rear of SCXI-1000). But there is a problem if I want to use the dmm for scanning and to measure at the switch.
I have declared the dmm as ab0, but if I want to use it I get the message : end points can not be declared for routing only / you must declare this channel for routing only.

greetings 

Kai
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,946 Views)

Kai,

If I understand correctly you will be using one SCXI-1127 in a Matrix mode and another SCXI-1127 in Mux fro scanning. You will only be able to use the first 1127 (matrix) in NISE since it doesn't not support scanning. For the second 1127 use a LV vi or CVI program and call it from testStand

In NISE you should not set the ab0 as "reserved for routing" since it is an endpoint and it is where the DMM is connected to.  You can create an alias for ab0 and call it DMM if you like.

Guy Ferraro
Switch product Support Engineer
NI USA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,931 Views)