From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL calling a subsidiary static library

Solved!
Go to solution

I've built a DLL using labwindows that calls a subsidiary static library. I've added a step in Test Stand that calls this DLL.  On my development station all is good.  The subsidiary library is called.  But, on a deployed station I keep getting a "Cannot load DLL".

According to the reference manual, I can preload the subsidiary librarys by using the CVI adapter.  I get the same error on my deployed station...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,490 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JamesSid

You get an error "Could not load a DLL" when one of the dependencies is missing.

Please check it this way :

Download free dependency walker --- http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Select the DLL ( deployed machine).

It will show which dependency component is missing in the deployed machine.

For CVI..

Since you are using a static libarary - did you include it in the build when you build the project?

It should be embed within your DLL. ( using add files to DLL option in the CVI target settings).

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,475 Views)

I tried the dependency walker.  A very nice tool.

After running dependency walker on my DLL, it threw an error that I was missing a DLL.  Turns out I had configured the target settings on one my static libraries as a DLL rather than a static library.  Changed the settings and rebuilt it.

Once I get access to that deployed bench again I'll check it out, but I'm pretty sure this fixed the issue.

Thanks for the information...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,467 Views)

Still get the same error.

I've added the static libraries in the target settings of the CVI project, including adding the libraries in the Test Stand adapter.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,461 Views)

After posting my last message, I realized my problem. 

I recently upgraded Labwindows to 2012, but my deployed station only has the 2010 rte.  so, I rebuilt using version 2010 and all is good now...

Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,459 Views)