From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem and TestStand

If there's a post that answers my question, please point me to it, but I couldn't find any.  I have LabView 2012, TestStand, and DIAdem base edition.  I have VI's that collect data which is stored in local variables in TestStand.  Is there a way I can call DIAdem from TestStand which then reports these local variables?  If there's a better way to do this, let me know.  I know I could create a VI which I would call at the "Cleanup" stage in TestStand which would then call DIAdem, however, I don't want to have to pass all the local variables into the VI unless there's a clean way to do that.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,613 Views)

Since you want to use DIAdem for reporting purposes and it seems to me that you are already using LabVIEW for modules, i suggest you to use the express VI "DIAdem Report" and just pass the apropiate data from there.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,608 Views)

This seems reasonable, however, I want to make a single DIAdem report from multiple VI's.  All the data exists in TestStand in local variables.  So you're saying making multiple DIAdem reports is the best option?  I suppose I could make a VI that imports all the data from individual files...  I just thought there might be a better solution to this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,605 Views)

I would rather call the DIAdem Report function once when all data is available. So it could be best done in the PostUUT callback (or somewhere you consider it appropriate). I would pass the whole ResultList to the wrapper VI which selects all data required for DIAdem Report. Then call this express VI.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,602 Views)

Hi plasmaphase,

Are your reporting needs solely restricted to creating reports of the test results from 1 UUT, that is one execution of the process model?  Typically customers running TestStand want to compare one or two scalar results across N tests or UUTs.  How are you saving your test results-- to a data base, or to one of TestStand's standard XML report files?  The usual scenario is for DIAdem to use the DataFinder to query the N report files you're interested in and return the one or two scalar results you want to compare, then DIAdem loads those into channels in the Data Portal that are N values long each.

I'd be happy to help you with this,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,573 Views)

My reports will be based on a single UUT, although we'll be running multiple UUT's through this same process, of course.  Our plan is to setup multiple teststand sequences (maybe called by a master teststand sequence) which calls VI's and collects data (maybe stores to TDM or TDMS files).  Much of the data is analyzed as pass/fail in TestStand, but this data also has to be reported through DIAdem. I think one big difference with our use of DIAdem as compared to others is that we really aren't doing any analysis in DIAdem.  We're using it simply to organize our data and present it in a nice PDF format which we can deliver to our customer.

I think my plan is to embed within all my VI's a "Save to TDM or TDMS File" block which stores all our results, and a "generate DIAdem report" block which formats the data and saves to PDF.  I was just hoping I could make a "Master" report at the end or within TestStand using just the local high level variable results.

I think my biggest vice is that I'm not familiar enough yet with the tools.  I'm getting there...

Thanks for the responses.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,568 Views)

I have another question, somewhat related.  How would you recommend saving and dealing with initial UUT information (technician name, data, serial number, part number, test, etc....) which really only has a single value (it's not a stream of data).  Surely this is a regular thing to obtain the initial setup info.  Should I embed this in the header of my TDM/TDMS files?

In addition, what about single captured values?  For example, we apply power to a device and then measure current.  There is no stream of data, just a single point/result.  How would this be handled/displayed in DIAdem?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,550 Views)

Hi plasmaphase,

The answer to both questions is to store the name/value pair as a property on the File/Group/Channel level where it makes most sense.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,538 Views)