NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Test Stand Report

Hey all,

I am supposed to customize the Test Stand test report, I just looked the test stand help manual, which shows very simple example of how to add some additional Rows and Columns in the Table. But my task is to entirely change the Table structure and appearance and to include some other additional description of the test procedures into the table. So I planned to add this additional stuffs into the original xml document and to edit the style sheet to get the appearance. But the thing is I am very new to the xml, XTLS, Javascript, VBScript and the HTML, unfortunately the Style sheet was developed with the four scripts all together. I can't able to find the perfect documentation of the Style sheets also, studying these scripts and implementing to get the desired table stucture will take a lot of time. Is there any other way to do this ??????

Thanks,

AshwiN
Message 1 of 5
(4,176 Views)
Message 2 of 5
(4,158 Views)

Thanks Vidula,

The link gave me some additional information about the Report Generation in the Test Stand. But my task is to customize the Report generated by the Test Stand, they already have three type of Style sheets to do that, but I have to entirely change the apperance of the Table according to the specification. I found a way by editing the Style sheet to get the desired appearance. Since I am new to the scripts language used to create the shyte sheet, am looking for an alternate and easy way to do that, any idea???

AshwiN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,119 Views)

Hi Ashwin,

I think I have your same problem. I saw that every customization, e.g. that one explaind in some manuals or getting started, are basically based on customization of report

generation by using teststand menu.

Did you find a solution to our problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,111 Views)

I have for test made a copy of one existing stylesheet

i know xslt and i think the main place to edit and customize for you both is the part starting from

<xsl:template match="/">

I saw that, there are some comments from NI.

It could help if you would use Notepad++ with the xslt/xml plug in or altova XML Spy.

teststand1.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,027 Views)