NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom user interface for parallel execution?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

my question is about customized user interfaces for executions with the parallel model. At my current project, we use the parallel model with 4 test sockets and at the user interface we must have 2 string indicators for its execution, one that displays messages to the user and one that has the function of a streaming indicator that displays information throughout the test, showing also the time instances. So, in total 8 indicators that display in parallel information about the 4 independent executions. Till now, I managed to create the UI only for sequential mode, using 2 simple string indicators and sending messages from the TestStand to the strings through UI Messages. My problem is that I don't know how to implement this functionality for more test sockets.

Attached you can find images from the front panel and the blog diagram of the GUI as it looks now.

I am very new at TestStand (I know it only for the last month), so I expect that my question and the case description are not so clear, so please let me know if sth is poorly explained.

I would be grateful for any help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,958 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pvki

Basically, whenever you get a UI message related to an execution (e.g. UIMsg_StartExecution, UIMsg_Trace, etc.) you need to determine which testsocket the UIMessage applies to and then update the corresponding UI controls. One way to get the testsocket is as follows:

testsocketindex = uimsg.Thread.GetSequenceContext(0, frameId_Notused).AsPropertyObject().GetValNumber("RunState.TestSockets.MyIndex", 0)

Also, once you know where a particular execution goes, you can associate that execution's Id (i.e. Execution.Id property) with the control and just look at the execution Id instead.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,937 Views)

If you know C at all, it is simple to make the modification to the existing user interface. All the code is there. It would require you to also have a copy of LabWindows/CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,935 Views)

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,919 Views)

I have a similar kind of a problem, I want to implement the parallel execution of sequence along with the UI message.

can you please provide with an example for the implementation of this problem.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,179 Views)