From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom device / I am trying to use a vehicle controller model developed in LabVIEW with compactRIO (cRIO-9024)

Now I have developed a vehile controller model with LabVIEW so as to run on VxWorks operating system. ( compactRIO cRIO-9024)

And I converted a controller model of labview into *.lvmodel in order to use it as I did with simulink models. 

However, converted *.lvmodel was not supported for VxWorks operating system. so after searching for this, I found out that I have to use a custom device. 

I am now studying the custom device, but it looks diffcult because I dont have much experience in real-time system.

Here are my questions.

1. Simulation model in VeriStand

Should I convert a labview controller model into *.lvmodel even if I use the custom device in order to run on VxWorks operating system? 

If not, what should I do after building a controller model with labview?

2. Operating system

It is silly question. anyway, as long as I run a controller model on compactRIO cRIO-9024, the operating system always has to be set to VxWorks. Is it right?

3. Custom device

This is the most difficult thing. I dont know even what to do. What functions should be inside a custom device template tool? The controller model send output signals to a vehicle model, and receive input signals from a vehicle model.

Thank you in advance. 

Hognjun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,854 Views)

Hi,

You should post this on the Veristand Forum.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/bd-p/440

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,849 Views)