NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Step Structure Passing

Hi

I am trying to create a custom step which has an edit substep which will call a menu which will make it easy for the developers customize a popup panel. Example the ability to choose one button or two, to display a picture or animation, have a numeric control. Etc.

I am using CVI to create the DLL needed.

I have created everything mentioned above and the panel display correctly but the problem i am having is the structure that I am passing to the CVI DLL function is not being updated on Teststand. I have created this structure as part of the step data. See attached image.

My Idea is to have a custom structure(Container) on Teststand which matches the one in CVI.This way CVI will be able to Read the last structure values and update the Teststand structure(Container) as need.

Is this possible using the Edit substep of a Custom Step?

If so can someone please post and example or explain to me how to do this (because my Testsatnd is not updating the values set from the CVI DLL)?

Break down of the software I am using:

Labwindows/CVI 2009

NI Teststand 2013 Development System

Windows 7 32bit

Help share your knowlegde
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,525 Views)

Are you passing the struct by reference? If so then it should work. Perhaps if you explain in more detail what is happening and maybe show us how the parameter is specified we might be better able to help.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,503 Views)