From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom C#-OPUI - Are TestStand.Interop.* -references hardcoded?

Hello,

i created an OPUI in Visula Studio 2012 C# which references from TestStand 2013 this:

NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API

NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.UI

NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.UI.AxControls

NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.UI.Sopport

Everything is running fine under Windows 10 64bit.

Now i have the problem that my OPUI is not running with TestStand 2014 (64bit).

Do i simply have to replace the four references and recompile and everything is good?

The TestStand-process is starting (becaue i see the 7 days-evaluation window) but after i start the testplan i get:

Default Critical: 0 : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xFFFFBC6B): Index out of range.
   bei NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.UI.ISequenceFileViewMgr.GetCommand(CommandKinds cmdKind, Int32 Index)
   bei NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.UI.Ax.AxSequenceFileViewMgr.GetCommand(CommandKinds cmdKind, Int32 index)

Is there any other way so that i can use any TestStand-version or do i always have to recompile?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,828 Views)

Hello OnlyOne,

i have a feeling you need to recompile the UI to a 64 Bit process. As far as I understand you build a UI for TS2013 and you would like to reuse it to call TS 2014 64 Bit. You are trying to call a 64 Bit process (TS Engine) from a 32 Bit process. This does not work and it could explain the "index out of range" error since you can not access all of the 64 Bit process' memory.

Disclaimer: I'm not too familiar with C# and Visual Studio.

Kind regards

AndGar

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
Message 2 of 2
(3,809 Views)