From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating data folders from UUT

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I`m sure this has been asked in previous topics but i just can not find the answer to my problem.

I would like to create a folder which has the name of the UUT as the folder in which i will store raw data from my tests. I have created a statement called Locals.data_folder and give it the variable "C:\\data\results" but how do i go about creating folders based on the UUT from TestStand?

Any help is most welcome.

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,867 Views)

James,

i recommend that you write a module (C/C++, .NET or LV) to create and name the folder. Pass the UUT ID (serial number) as parameter to that module.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,865 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did try using a call executable with "/C echo test>>mkdir D:\\TestStand\TR123" as the argument expression but this didn`t work. 

I`ll try using a piece of LV to generate the folder.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,823 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Treble20

Hi

no need to use LabVIEW to do it.

You can use in TestStand the call executable.

In the step settings, go to call settings.

File Pathname: cmd (C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe should be write behind the file pathname).

In argument expression: "cmd /c mkdir D:\\TestStand\\TR123\\" + Locals.String.

You just have to set Locals.String with the name you need.

Regards

Message 4 of 6
(3,819 Views)

Hi,

Works a treat. Thanks. Taking the echo out means the code now works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,816 Views)

Potentially another thing why your code didn't work:

You had a \T in the path which escapes to a tabulator. To unescape, the second \ is necessary (=> '\\').

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,809 Views)