NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating DLLs from LabWindows and accessing DLL functions from TestStand

How can I create DLLs from LabWindows and accessing DLL functions from TestStand?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,180 Views)
Hi Bruno,

I am going to assume you are familiar with labwindows/CVI and its the TestStand you are new too.

I would start by reading through the TestStand Manuals in particular relating to using CVI with TestStand.
There are also quite a few example that come with TestStand as well as ones on the NI website NI Developer Zone.

I believe they are some tutorials you can work through as part of the TestStand documentation.

If you are not familiar with Labwindows/CVI, then the same applies. The CVI package comes with examples and there are one relating to DLL's.

You might even consider doing the NI basic courses for CVI or TestStand or both.

Hope this may point you in the right direction to getting started.
Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,176 Views)
Hi Ray,
in fact, I am quite familiar with both CVI and TestStand. My problem is that when I create the dll in CVI and export to TestStand the prototype that appears in TestStand is different from the one declared in CVI.

CVI prototype:
double myTest(int myArray)

TestStand prototype:
void myTest(void)

I don't know why CVI doesn't export correctly the prototype.

Thanks,

Bruno
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,167 Views)
Hey Bruno,

Did you create a type library with your CVI dll?? TestStand needs a type library in order to be able to determine the function prototype.

The following link discusses creating a type library for CVI dlls. You'll need to have a instrument driver .fp file and then modify your target settings.

Embedding Type Libraries in LabWindows/CVI for TestStand DLL Steps

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Sarah Miracle
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,156 Views)
Hi Sarah,
instead of using a type library, I have declared the pathname of the source code that contains the function in the "source code" tab (in TestStand). That's solved my problem.
Thanks a lot,
Bruno
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,148 Views)