cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Application Problem

Solved!
Go to solution

TestStand 2013/LabVIEW 2013

In my Development system I've create a VI that I need to be running continuously during a sequence so I Create it and call it using ActiveX controls. Works fine in my development system with both the LabVIEW development system and the LabVIEW runtime engine.

When I deployed the sequence, I noticed that it added "NIDIR\LabVIEW 2013\resource\labview.tlb" so I added it to my deployment computer in "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\resource". I then registered it in Windows: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319>regtlibv12.exe "c:\Program Files\N

ational Instruments\Labview 2013\resource\labview.tlb"

When I try to create the reference to the VI on the deployed computer, I get this error:

AutomationError.jpg

There is nothing in this system 64bit. It's Windows 7 32bit, TS / LV 32bit.

This is my automation call:

AutomationCall.jpg

Which as I said works fine on the Development Computer. What have I failed to do on the deployed computer?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,237 Views)

Hi Dave,

Have you seen this resource?

TestStand Error -17502: "Class not registered, System Level Exception"

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/901B5E1C33A102A18625671C007C501F

Try using late binding and see if that clears the error.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,203 Views)

Yes, it is checked.

I've put in a service request to NI and the application engineers are looking into it, but if if there are any other ideas I'll give it a try,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,199 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cabman

No solution to the original problem found. I got around the issue by using wrapper Vis to control the VI in question through Application Control VIs. Essentially doing the same thing I
was doing in TestStand directly before.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,058 Views)