NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creat Matrix and  make a counter

hello everybody

I  work on a test bench that allows to test radio modules, I would like to add an option that is: ask the user to put a "Golden" module that verifies the validation of the bench every 5 days, the idea is to Make a matrix because it has 8 slot and putting the remaining time to ask for the golden.

Questions:

- Thé best way tô do: * Creat a file .ini or creat array 2D in teststand?  

-How could I create a time counter?

i accept other idea !

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,668 Views)

Hey,

I think the best option would be to store the Date that the last validation was run in a Station Global, this is kinda what those variables are for. It will hold that value until you next update it. You can then call the current date and compare it to determine how long left you have until you need to validate again.

Nic

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

Certified TestStand Architect Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,612 Views)

thank you! 

This is what I wanted to do, I intend to use the seconds () function.

I have another question! please.

I want to store its date in ini / xml files, but I'm afraid of the ini files in the multithreaded system

You advise me what?

NassAB

Nico011 a écrit :

Hey,

I think the best option would be to store the Date that the last validation was run in a Station Global, this is kinda what those variables are for. It will hold that value until you next update it. You can then call the current date and compare it to determine how long left you have until you need to validate again.

Nic

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,610 Views)

What is your concern with the files?

If you are using the batch process model, there is functionality to force only a single thread to run a step. This would ensure that the file is only dealt with a single time.

Is that what you were asking?

Nic 

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,595 Views)

Thank you Nico011

Hello;
No, not really, I hesitate between the file ini or XML? You advised me what?

Nass

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,593 Views)

Ahhh. Well, the ini file is nicer to handle programatically, within any coding language. The XML is nice if you want users to view the data in some customised presentation.

If you only want a place to store it, an ini file would work fine. As a note, the Station Globals are stored in an ini file as well (Station Globals.ini).

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052R-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/station_global_variabl...

Nic

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,591 Views)

Thank you very mutch Nico011

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,574 Views)

Please i have a new probleme:

Principle of my system:

We have two different modules: Golden and production ( The golden used for checking Calibrate Bench)

1-Request The golden after every 7 days

My idea is to measure duration with the seconds function and store it in an ini array and measure with the same function each time we put a production module and calculate the diffirence.

Problems:

When I close, The time stored in the ini file and the time being measured is not suitable, the second measurement starts from 0.

Help please 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,571 Views)

Are you using seconds(true), which is the time since startup?  You might want seconds(false), which is time since 1970. 

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,568 Views)

i used seconds(true), the problems its: 

-When I put the golden module I measure the time since the startup and i store this value in file ini.

-And when I put the production module, I use the function seconds (true) for measurement and I check the difference between the two measurements. (You have to ask for the golden module if you exceed 7 days)

But when i restart teststand I am encountering a problem: the function seconds Which allows to measure the time for the production module is set to 0, while the other remains constant in the ini file. It's not the same startup.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,565 Views)