From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load file or assembly 'mscorcfg' error, when Specifying Module on a .NET Module Adaptor Step

Hi,

I have an error occur when I try to specify the module on a step using the.NET module adaptor.

The actual error is included as a jpg attached to this message, but roughly includes . . .

"Error while accessing the .NET assembly.
Could not load file or assembly 'mscorcfg, Version=2.0.0.0 ........  The system cannot find the file specified."

The following link was a message by Jason Davis on the same problem and it was suggested that the mscorcfg assembly was either missing or not loaded into my Global Assembly Cache (GAC).

It appears I do have this file but on viewing its properties it appears to be version 1.0.5000.0 dated 20th May 05.  Do I need to get hold of version 2.0.0.0 and how do I check it is loaded into the GAC (and how do I load it if indeed it isnt loaded)?

I have Microsoft Development Environment 2003 (Ver 7.1.3088) and Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Ver 1.1.4322 SP1) Installed and am using Teststand 3.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Barry
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,881 Views)
Hi Barry,

Exactly when did the error occur? Are you using a global assembly and is it when you click on the drop down box? Have you tried unistalling the dotNet frame work and reinstalling it? I have framework version 1.1 and the version on my dll is: 1.1.4322.573.

Regards

Jon B 
Applications Engineer
NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,853 Views)
Hey Jeapster - is that you? It must be, there's only one Barry Jeapes Smiley Very Happy

I couldn't find a way to PM on this site so I posted here. Email me mate - it's been a long time:

paul_townsend_new at h o t m a i l dot com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,708 Views)