NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control DUT result indicators.

I have a "pre-test" to weed out bad units with gross failures before continuing on to the longer test times of the rest of the main seq.

i have that code working so all duts get pre tested and all duts jump to the end of the main seq to end the test with a notice to the operator to remove the failed ones and replace with new duts. 

the problem is the ones that didnt fail pretest but have not run the entire main test have PASS as the result.   how can i change the batch report to indicat that they didnt pass?

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,212 Views)

I didn't imagine it fully, but if those DUTs didn't fail of pre-test, and did not pass through Main sequence (but kind of jumped it over, as I've understood), according to TestStand terminology they didn't fail. Actually, I would target not to change report, but to change algorithm of pre-test, and further testing - if it didn't fail on pre-test, let it be tested in Main sequence. Or it is not convinient for you?

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,201 Views)

the reason for the pretest is to remove them from the main (longer) test so we get a full dut run.  the pretest would only fail for things like a power short or comunication failure.  things that can be debuged without futher Functional testing. so in this case i have 8 duts and lets say 2 of them fail pretest.  what i do i notify the operator to remove the 2 and put new production units in for test.  the full test is a few hours so the 2 min per dut pretest helps with through put. 

im concerned that the operator might mistake the "pass" for the other 6 as DUTS that passed all of Function test. 

sorry if im not clear on what we are attempting to do...always difficult with out background

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,188 Views)

OK, thank you, now I see - you test 8 DUTs at the same time (via batch or parallel process model), and if some of them fail, you stop test, and ask operator to change failed one to new one; till all DUTs are passing pre-test. After it, you can continue with main test. Is it correct, please?

If so, I can suggest several ideas:

1. On pre-test fail, display some special picture, where failed nests will be marked, so operator will no, that he has just to change fail DUTs, and not to take out passed one. Put there some clear text of what to do, and what has happened (that it was not main test, but just pre-test).
  2. Are DUTs somehow marked at the end of test? I mean, do you print some final label, or mark with graver? In this case, if DUTs pass just pre-test, and not all test, you will not do this final "labeling" of any type, so operator will see, that testing is not finished.
  3. After pre-test is finished, and operator has to change just failed DUTs to new one, check in sequence, if he takes out passed DUTs. If so, immediately display message to him not to do it.

But, all these solutions are more targeted to avoid human factor... In such a case, training helps, because then operators know test process, so they will follow the clear instructions of the test sequence, and not do any mistakes.

logos_middle.jpg

Message 4 of 5
(3,177 Views)

Fast update, just came to my mind.

Add to the header of the report, type of test - whether it is pre-test, or it is full test; and try to highlight it, so it will be clearly seen, what it is.

Then, when operator will check the results, he will see the type of test, and if DUT is passed, but type of test is Pre-Test, he will know, that this DUT didn't pass yet full test.

This should be quite easy and fast to implement, hopefully it'll help.

logos_middle.jpg

Message 5 of 5
(3,173 Views)