NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continue execution, with options

Continue execution, with options

I need to create on application were if a step is fail must to running a windows error box, from where the user has the possibility to continue execution, with next options :

1. Next Step (the step witch will running will by the next step from current sequences, or with next sequences if the current step is the last step )
2. Same Step (rerunning current step )
3. Next Sequences (the next execution will by the next sequences)
4. Same Sequences (rerunning current sequences )
5 Halt (stop execution)

For implemented this I use the callback SequencesFilePostStepFailure were I put the my error box with the facility presented upstairs.

My questions is witch is the modality to implemented this, to execute the facility
Thank you,
Best regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,019 Views)
Hello,

It sounds like you are on the right track for accomplishing what you want done. I would recommend using the SequenceFilePostStepFailure Engine Callback which would first display a Message-Popup box where the user can select what option of the 5 that you listed he would like to do. I would then insert a series of Goto step types each with its own unique precondition. You can then set each precondition of the Goto steps to correspond with the appropriate button hit of the Message-Popup step. I hope that this information helps you out.

Regards,
Kevin L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,988 Views)
To nicut -
I may already know this, but you can use some of the methods on the sequence context to redirect the next step pointer, like NextStepIndex, StepGroup, GotoCleanup, SequenceFailed
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,977 Views)
Hi,

Have you looked at the examples supplied with TestStand in the \Examples\Callbacks folder.

Also, if its errors you are wanting to trap for, you might consider using the PostStepRuntimeErrorCallback.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,972 Views)