NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConnectExecutionView Method to show the Sequence Process

Hallo,

I want to display the sequence process in a VI, and I have read the "simple User Interface" example, but I must always select a Sequence file to execution.

I will call a VI from TestStand, and automatically display the process of the TestStand in this VI.

Has someone a ideal?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,875 Views)

@Cabio wrote:

[..]

I will call a VI from TestStand, and automatically display the process of the TestStand in this VI.

[..] 

If you call a VI from a TestStand sequence' execution, the call by default blocks further execution of this sequence. So there will not be ANY progress within your sequence as long as this VI is active.

I *think* you are looking for a progress bar as it is used in the Full Featured UIs or the NI Sequence Editor. In order to update this "progress percent" display, you have to send an UI Message with the event code "progress percent". Use the numeric value (0-100) to display the progress.

This, on the other hand, will not display steps and no "execution arrow". If you want to have this, there is no easy way except as it is shown in the UI examples.

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,872 Views)

HI,

I am trying to implement the same thing. I am using UI message Progress Precent to display the Sequence execution progress. the number 0-100 displays the execution progress is what I understood from the help.

I called this UI message in SequenceFilePostStep callback so that this UI message will get generated after each step and the number will automatically increment.

However all Iam getting in UI is 0 all the time. Do i need to manually increment the execution number from 0-100 and where this UI message should be called exactly in order to track the process of sequence execution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,480 Views)