From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Import/Export Properties in TestStand for multi-dimensional array

Hello All,

I am developing a testing sequence in TestStand, and trying to use the Property Loader step to load an array of parameters into the sequence file (I would then (eventually) index the array and loop through each set of parameters for the applicable step).

To set up this architecture, I have created a custom data type in TestStand to match the front panel control of the code module.  Next I created a File Global Parameter based on that custom data type (an array of custom data type).  I then inserted several empty "placeholder" elements into the array.  Each one of the elements matches the structure of the custom data type.  Everything up to this point appears to be working correctly. 

My next step was to use the Import/Export Properties tool to create a parameter file, that would later be used to populate the File Global Parameter array.  What I am having difficulty with is configuring the Import/Export tool to match the structure I need.  I want to use the tool to ensure that the file is in a format that will be recognized when I call it with the Property Loader step.  The attached picture shows the structure I want, and what I am getting. 

I've seen several examples that use the property loader and import/export tools, but none seem to have this setup.  The property loader example that came packaged with TestStand comes close, but it exports a text file.  The portion of the example that shows implementation for excel files is setup for Labwindows, and configured across multiple steps (adding 2 more layers of confusion for me).

Please take a look and let me know how to configure the Export tool to match the structure I need. 

Thanks and have a great day.

GSinMN      

PropertyLoaderOutput.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,303 Views)

Hello Again,

Forgot to mention the alternative:  I can certainly create the excel parameter file from scratch, but then I would need assistance on how to configure the Property Loader.  I've tried this approach as well, with disappointing results.  I think the difficulty is coming from assigning individual elements in the array.  Thanks

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,292 Views)

Hi GSinMN.  The structure from the property loader is not customizable because it is this specific structure that allows the property loader to interpret data.

Creating Custom Files to Load Variables with the Property Loader Step Type in TestStand

These links might be helpful as well:

Importing and Exporting Arrays in TestStand

Property Loader Step

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,205 Views)