From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent run of LXI instruments self-test/measurement problem in Teststand

Hi,

I want to run self-test (or measurement) of 2 separate LXI instruments (Agilent) concurrently. When I use parallel model or "Use a new thread" (or use new execution) option for sequence call, it performs sequently self-test of first instrument and then self-test of second instrument. It seems like one driver blocks another. Common for all instruments are LXI and VISA. However I tried to use 2 threads in CVI (using CmtScheduleThreadPoolFunction  function) and it worked fine and also I launched two instances of Teststand and it worked as well. Any ideas where the problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Ondrej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,526 Views)

Ondrej,

Are you using a LabVIEW VI to communicate with the devices? If so, is it possible that the VI is set to be non-reentrant? If you are using the same VI for both instrument calls, and executing the VI with the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine adapter, and the VI is set to non-reentrant execution, it would explain the behavior you are seeing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,520 Views)

Daniel,

I am using IVI-C drivers written in CVI, no LabView VI's.

Ondrej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,516 Views)

Hi Ondrej, since this is quite an unusual request let us please continue discussion over e-mail and close this forum post, not to duplicate work.

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,371 Views)

Ok, close this post, please. I don't see any option how to do that.

Thank you,

Ondrej

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,354 Views)