NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent run of LXI instruments self-test/measurement problem in Teststand

Hi,

I want to run self-test (or measurement) of 2 separate LXI instruments (Agilent) concurrently. When I use parallel model or "Use a new thread" (or use new execution) option for sequence call, it performs sequently self-test of first instrument and then self-test of second instrument. It seems like one driver blocks another. Common for all instruments are LXI and VISA. However I tried to use 2 threads in CVI (using CmtScheduleThreadPoolFunction  function) and it worked fine and also I launched two instances of Teststand and it worked as well. Any ideas where the problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Ondrej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,525 Views)

Ondrej,

Are you using a LabVIEW VI to communicate with the devices? If so, is it possible that the VI is set to be non-reentrant? If you are using the same VI for both instrument calls, and executing the VI with the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine adapter, and the VI is set to non-reentrant execution, it would explain the behavior you are seeing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,519 Views)

Daniel,

I am using IVI-C drivers written in CVI, no LabView VI's.

Ondrej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,515 Views)

Hi Ondrej, since this is quite an unusual request let us please continue discussion over e-mail and close this forum post, not to duplicate work.

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,370 Views)

Ok, close this post, please. I don't see any option how to do that.

Thank you,

Ondrej

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,353 Views)