NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combo box input in Test Stand

Can we make the dropdown list of a Combo box available in test stand module input? For Enum and Ring, I can select the input value from dropdown list but for Combo box I don't see that feature.

Arun
Message 1 of 6
(5,873 Views)

Hi Arun,

Is this the module input you are referring to?

Specify_module.png

If yes, the reason the Module drop down is empty is because there are no recently used module paths to display. If you have configured any step to use a certain code module, it's path will be displayed in the drop down the next time you use a step of the same adapter.

If this is not what you intended, please describe your use-case with a screenshot.

Regards,

Sahana

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,856 Views)

Sorry for not making the question clear enough..

By 'Module input' I meant the labview control.

For an Enum control, I have the dropdown list to select the value from. 

Enum.png

But for a combo box, I see just a text entry field, no any dropdown selection..

Combo.png

Arun
Message 3 of 6
(5,851 Views)

You might want to give this idea a good look over: Resolve Ring LV data type to names not to numbers

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,842 Views)

Hi Alan,

You must be using ComboBox in LabVIEW and want to pass value from TestStand to LabVIEW for the combobox control. TestStand is unable to provide a drop down list for the LabVIEW ComboBox control. You need to pass string value from TestStand to set the correct item in the LabVIEW ComboBox control.

If your use case is the one as specified above, please post your idea in http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/teststandideas.

- Shashidhar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,841 Views)

So I guess this option is not available in teststand as of now..

Thanks for your replies..

Arun
Message 6 of 6
(5,827 Views)