NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Station Callback

Is there a way to setup a callback in the Process Model that is called when the user exits TestStand?

I don't see one in the default ProcessModel.

I guess I'd call it the "CloseStationCallback".

I have a LabVIEW program that is running concurrently with my TestStand sequences - I can launch it when I execute a sequence in TestStand for the first time, but I'd also like to be able to tell it to close down when the user is done with the system.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,176 Views)
Add a SequenceFileUnload callback to your process model.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,175 Views)

Good idea, but I want to be able to switch sequence files without closing the LabVIEW Application.

That's why I was looking for a callback linking to the Station shutdown instead of the SeqFile Close.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,172 Views)

Are you switch process models or just sequence files.  If you leave Station Options>>Model>>Station Model set to the process model with the unload callback, it should work fine.

Also, it will not be a problem if you then load sequence files that explicitly require different models because the engine will keep the station model loaded.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,168 Views)

Cool Idea, thanks for the tip. I won't be changing Process Models.

So the idea is that when the application is closed, the ProcessModel Sequence File will be closed first, which will involve running the SequenceFileUpnload callback?

Makes sense - I'll try it.

SWEET. It worked, thanks.

Message Edited by 10Things on 01-17-2006 01:57 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,164 Views)