From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing the Sequence View Display

We are using a LabView UI to the TestStand engine.

When a test is completed the the UI Sequence View background colour changes from white to grey and the results of the test remain in the View, does anyone know how to clear the View?

Regards

Steve
There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,592 Views)

Steve,

The View that you are seeing after executing a sequence is the execution view. The view is inactive because the execution is done.
Usually after you finish execution you want to see the report and/or the execution view to verify that your sequence passed failed.
I am assuming that you want to see the sequence file view when the test is complete.
Do you want to automate it?
Could you describe your use case?

Best Regards.

Antonio Lie.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,584 Views)
I thought I said what I needed to do quite clearly.  I dont want to display anything new, all I want to do is clear the view.

Regards

Steve
There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,583 Views)
You don't mention which version of the OI you are using.  The ExecutionView will be blank when there is no Execution set in the ExecutionViewMgr.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,572 Views)
Steve,

You could set the ExecutionView Manager's  Execution property  to NULL every time an execution ends. In this way the execution view would be 'cleared'.
If you want to modify the LV Full Featured Operator Interface to handle the Application Manager's EndExecution callback follow the following steps.
1.Use LabVIEW to  open TestStand\OperatorInterfaces\NI\FullFeatured\LabVIEW\TestExec.llb.
2. Select Full OI - Configure Event Callbacks.vi.
3. Open the block diagram and add anew callback to the reg event callback node.
4. Connect the Application Manager branch to the event source ref input.
5. Select EndExecution form the callback list.
5. Pass the Execution View Manager Reference as the User Parameter.
6. Create a new Callback VI and name it END EXE CBACK.
7. Inside the callback VI set the IExecutionVIewManager Execution property to NULL.

Hope it helps.
If you have any question let me know.

Antonio Lie.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,565 Views)

Message Edited by Antonio Lie (NI) on 07-27-2006 03:53 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,566 Views)
I think you can also use the ApplicationMgr.SetAutoCloseExecution method if you have the execution.  For example in the LV simple OI there alread exists "Simple OI - DisplayExecution Event Callback.vi" where you could set the execution close automaticly when it is done by using this method.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,541 Views)