NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chroma 62000 IVI init.

In the early stages of development for an automated test fixture using Chroma IVI drivers with TestStand 2014.  I've used IVI previously with DMM and Scope so I am somewhat familiar but am no expert.   When attempting to run a short sequence, using the IVI set steps, I get the following error:

"The IVI Init operation failed for logical name 'chr62000'.
Details: Session Manager: Could not find function 'IviDcpwr_init' in DLL (or external module) 'IviDcpwr.dll'."

Basically, I'm stuck at this point.   Driver sessions and logical names have been deleted and recreated several times.   no luck.

Any thought?   Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,469 Views)

In the TestStand public directory there is a decent example at Examples >> Built-In Step Types >> IVI Step Types although it sounds like you're familiar from experience with DMM and Scope.  What is this Chroma 62000 driver and where did it come from?

Michael Keane
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,435 Views)

The driver was provided by Chroma; downloaded from their driver page specifically for this model of power supply.  I've contacted thier Tech Support but still waiting on reply.  not holding my breath.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,417 Views)

I see.  I wasn't able to find that device on NI's Instrument Driver Network so a call to Chroma regarding that driver sounds like a good step!  Let us know if you find out anything new

Michael Keane
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,394 Views)