From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking performance of reference to controls

Hello,

I'd appreciate if somebody can look at the attached Vi and tell me if the bench mark is right. I'm checking what method is better to use when I change the value and when I change a property of a series of controls in the FP.

Apparently, the use of References for changing the values is a very slow one.

Thank you for any comment or suggestion.

Marce
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,626 Views)
You are loosing most performance during the property node read/write...but...once you have done this...you loose little more by accessing the "value" property while you are there. So, if you need to access the property node for a property...go ahead and use the value property while you are there...otherwise there are faster ways. (Local Var/Wire)

regards,
Brett Burger
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,605 Views)
Thanks for the response.

I guess I'll have to rewrite part of one of my systems where I set the controls properties - visible, disable, blinking - within while loops, based on parameters that come from the network. Most of the time the parameters don't change but I assume that I waste the UI thread time anyway.

Thanks again,

Marce
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,592 Views)