NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing panel color in OI

I'm customizing the TestStand (3.5) LabVIEW8 operator interface and I'm wondering how to change the overall color of the GUI.  Right now, the background, and everything I drop onto the panel is a light grey.  I would like to have more of a flesh tone as my dominent color.  How can I change this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,199 Views)
It depends on what you're dropping. The LabVIEW controls on the shipping example are all dialog controls so they use windows system colors. You can change the windows color scheme and they will change to reflect that. You can replace any of the LabVIEW dialog controls (i.e. the tab control) with a normal control and color it anyway you want with the LabVIEW color tool. For the ActiveX controls, check the property browser for each to see if color changes are supported. For example, the sequence view control has a background color property that by default is set to Windows Background but you can change it to another system color or select one from a palette. I don't think a control like the drop-down list has a color property that you can change.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,195 Views)

In a related question, I have the boxes shown that I insert a picture into at runtime.  I would like the square (left corner) box to match the color of the other panels.  The smaller box, I would like to be red so that I can insert a picture of some WHITE text on top.  Is this possible?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,190 Views)
As I said, LabVIEW controls are colored with the color tool. On the tools palette, it looks like a paintbrush.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,178 Views)
I was able to change the color of the picture box in the front panel, but it reverted to white at runtime
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,163 Views)

Hi,

That would suggest its changed somewhere in the code at runtime.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 07-10-2006 01:41 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,161 Views)