From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Report Directory via API

Hi Everyone

I'm writing a LabVIEW User interface and I want to be able to set the report directory via my user interface, I've played with the TestStand API but cannot find a property or method that will allow me to set the report directory. Any ideas?
Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,256 Views)

Kurt,

currently it is not possible to change the report directory through the API.
You can Display the Report Options Dialog in your user interface though.
I assume you wanted to have an option to change your report directory only.

If you want to change your report directory based on an specific sequence file you can do it by using the ReportOptions callback.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,250 Views)

Thanks Antonio

I'm sure that will work, I just had a look at the ReportOptions callback and essentially I could set the report directory from a global that I can access via the API.

Cheers

Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,243 Views)

Kurt,

I was wrong.

In fact there is a way to change the report location using the TestStand API.
You only have to Get a Report Object reference from the current execution and change the Location Property.

Location Property

Syntax

Report.Location

Data Type

String

Purpose

Specifies a string that indicates the report location.

Remarks

If you call the Load or Save method of this class, this property is automatically set to the pathname of the report file.

You need to make sure you change this property after the model reads the report options from disk. (check Reference Manual - Appendix A) otherwise the location will be overwritten.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,232 Views)
Hi Kurt,

You'll need to send the Sequence Context to the Operator Interface, then Set the ReportFilePath using the "Set Property Value.vi" with the "RunState.Root.Locals.ReportOptions.ReportFilePath" lookup string.

Hope this helps

Dan Weiland
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,221 Views)