NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change variable order by number

Solved!
Go to solution

Working in Teststand 2013 on equipment that is shared by several developers.  It appears that something got changed with the way that variables are ordered in the Variables Pane, but can't identify how to change it back, or who may have changed it.

I have a list of FileGlobals that are numbered sequentially, (i.e. Test0, Test1, Test2, etc).  Previously, they were displayed in the pane in that same sequential order.  Now, the variables are ordered based on the first digit (i.e. Test0, Test100, Test10, Test11, ... Test18, Test19, Test1, Test20...).  Makes it difficult to go through the list in order when debugging, particularly since there are more than 100 of them.  Any ideas how this could have been changed and how to change it back?  Thanks.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,211 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GSinMN

Not sure if this is it or not but at the top of your variables pane for each column you can click on the column header.  It will change the ordering.  There are 3 modes.  If you see an up arrow appear that means the column is sorted A-Z.  If you see a down arrow appear that means the column is sorted Z-A.  If you don't see an arrow it means the column is sorted based on the index in which the variable exists within the file.  You can click on the column header to change to each mode.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 3
(4,203 Views)

Thanks jigg, excellent as usual.  Now I understand how easily that could have gotten changed.  I'll let the others know too. 

GSinMN  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,200 Views)