NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change sequence execution mode

Hi,

i need to know how to cahnge my sequence execution mode to the parallel mode execution 

thank you 

Ahmed Kochbati 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,046 Views)

You have to change the station model to parallel or you define a "required model" for the sequence file.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,014 Views)

This resource should help you out.

Mark M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,980 Views)

Hi ,

Thank you for your response 

i'm building a new workspace also i don't know how to create a new parallel model 

also any advices to decrease the load time in teststand ?

Best Regards 

Ahmed Kochbati 

Electronic Engineer 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,948 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

I'm having some difficulties understanding what you are asking. If you are wondering how to create a new parallel process model, it is highly advised to copy the parallel model that ships with TestStand and modify it to fit your needs. Otherwise, could you elaborate more on what you're asking about load times in TestStand? Maybe give a specific example of the issue you are running into?

Mark M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 5 of 10
(3,924 Views)

Ahmed,

as your questions are starting to dig deep into technical knowledge and seem to be very project specific, i advice you to ask your local NI branch if a "Professional Service" (aka Consulting) is available for TestStand in your region. This is a paid service, but helps you to close gaps in knowledge. Overall, you should be faster and more successful in your project when purchasing such service.

Besides: A workspace is recommended for improved maintainability of your project sources as well as easier deployment (as sources are "collected" in some kind of management level). For parallelizing tests, a workspace does NOT matter.

You talk about decrease in load times. Are you referring to loading times of code modules?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 10
(3,916 Views)

Hi 
i have some questions , i'm developing a test system to test  many UUTs at the same time so i need to use a Process model Batch or parallel so how can i modifiy this model to fit my needs ?what are the steps that i need to change ? 

thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,906 Views)

Hm, if you repeat your original question without answering questions which we rose up to you to answer, it is VERY hard to help you.

Have you had the chance to attend the TestStand 2 class from NI? Discussing process models and adoption (on a general level, so not project specific) is part of that training.

Please answer the questions and give more details.

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,904 Views)

Thank you for your response 

i'm sorry i didn't mean to ignore your questions
so i don't attend any training in teststand it's been two months now that i'm using it and
for the "Professional Service" (aka Consulting) i can't find it in my country Tunisia

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,901 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

I highly encourage you to go through our online courses if local training is not available. Otherwise, we have plenty of online documentation for learning TestStand. For your particular questions about the process model, take a look at this:

Best Practices for NI TestStand Process Model Development and Customization

This will be a good start to understanding the process model and a foundation for learning how to customize one.

Mark M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,877 Views)