NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change custom step icon

I want to change the icon for loaded custom steps in a sequence. I've created the icon and put it in the icons folder with the rest. I opened the custom step properties and selected the new icon and all newly added steps of this type now use the new icon. But..... The previously loaded steps in my sequence still use the old icon. I thought that I used to do this without a problem am I missing something? TS3.5 and LV8.0 on an XP machine.

kph
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,889 Views)
Kph,

You must select "Apply Changes in this Dialog to all Loaded Steps of this Type".  This is true of any property that is changed in a step type.  When a step is created of a certain step type it will copy the default data from the step type.  By default, changes to the step type will not affect any steps of that type.  This allows you to modify steps of a certain type but not have the modifications change other steps of the same type.  Selecting to Apply Changes however will effect currently loaded steps of that type.  Note also that the steps must be loaded for the changes to take effect.

Regards,

Tyler Tigue
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,861 Views)
Tyler thanks for the reply. I had already done that and it didn't work. I've done this many times (first time with 3.5) and it always worked before. I'll try again on another PC.

kph
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,860 Views)
Kph,

Are you making the changes in the Sequence File or in the Type Palette.  Try saving your changes (either in the sequence or the types INI file) after you make the changes.  This works OK on my computer.

Thanks,

Tyler
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,853 Views)

Sorry for reopening that old thread, but we experience exactly the same problem with updating the icons in a TestStand 2014SP1 version.

The latest reply doesn’t help in solving this, is there a other way?

The detailed issue is:

• Modify the icon in one step of our custom type palette
  • Load an old sequence already containing this custom step
  • TestStand asks if the currently loaded type must be used (summary of difference: modified icon)
  • Answer YES
  • The step remains with its old icon
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,071 Views)

And does it work using the TS API?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Programmatically-Update-Custom-Step-Type-Icon-in-Step-Pane-...

Pierre-Emmanuel BELLES
Certified LabVIEW Developper
Certified TestStand Architect

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,059 Views)

Hi, Thx for your reply,

Yes this way it should work, but the sequences are not our stuf, we provide only the type palette and the associeted .NET code to our customers. As we had to modify the icon of one step (incrementing the step version), we expected that TestStand changed the sequences icons at loading, while updating the modified steps.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,055 Views)