From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a value at runtime, but should not be saved.

Hi All.

I have made a step, where I can select/deselect some of the steps in the seq, to do that, I set skip/normal mode of the steps (RunState.Sequence.Main[XX].TS.Mode).
The problem is that if you change this value at runtime, then it remember this setting, when you get back to the seq (after execution).

Is there anyway that I can do so it will not "save" this new value...

I can of course save the old settings, and then rewrite the value in the end of the seq, but it would be nice if it could be done in one step.

Any help ???

Kind regards Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,835 Views)

Hi,

Instead of using an expression step, use an ActiveX Step type and use the method Step.SetRunModeEx ("Skip", <execution obj ref eg RunState.Execution> )  (see the help for more information)

Regards

Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 10-24-2006 01:03 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 3
(2,830 Views)
Thanks Ray.

Now it works very well..... if anybody else read this... then please keep in mind that it is very important that you input a reference to the execution in the call SetRunModeEx, else it stills change the seq. file.

Kind regards Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,825 Views)