NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Title Bar Name

Hi,

I would like to change the Title Bar of the main sequence when it is launched. Instead of having the sequence name currently running, I would like to have a fixed specific name. I haven't found it within the TestStand API.

The equivalent in LabVIEW would be "VI Propreties" and "Window Title". How do do this in TestStand.

Furthermore, if possible, can we change the propreties of a sequence file (same as LabVIEW under "Project Explorer" and "Build Specifications" and "Version Information").

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,448 Views)

I don't think this is possible in TestStand.  If you need a custom window, you will have to make a user interface.  There are good examples included in your TestStand install and many examples in the forums here.

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,423 Views)

Hi,

1) To change the properties of the sequence file you need to go to edit--> sequence file properties. (for changing of version).

2) To change the title there are some  options available which you can try : 

All the title information are stored in language files :

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand abcd\Components\Language\English\*.ini

YOu need to copy them (which you are planning to override) to equivalent TestStand public directory :

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand abcd (32-bit)\Components\Language\English\*.ini

There are different sections for each ini file and you can modify whatever title that you need.

Example : I copied SequenceEditorStrings.ini to the public directory. (override).Changed the main title to "My sequence editor".On restart the TestStand shows the title as "NI TestStand -  My sequence editor" instead of the default "NI TestStand -  Sequence editor".

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,397 Views)

Hi,

To pick up on your question on changing the Title Bar, there is a way to do this whilst your test is executing.

Using the Windows user32.dll you can call a function SetWindowText to set the title bar (but TestStand will change it back when it finishes executing a test and switches back to Edit mode).

If this isn't a problem for your situation, add a C/C++ DLL step into your sequence and configure it as below:

Module: user32.dll

Function: SetWindowTextA

Return Value (void): -

HWND (long): Runstate.Engine.AppMainHwnd

LPCTSTR (string): "Whatever text you want to appear in Title Bar"

eg.

Title Bar.PNG

I hope this helps,

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

Message 4 of 7
(4,307 Views)

@ Charlie Rodway

First Thanks for the information which works fine for changing TestStand Title, but his requirement is to change the Sequence Name i hope

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,159 Views)

Would "user32.dll" still be used for 64-bit TestStand?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,716 Views)

Yes you can use user32.dll for TS 64 bit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,707 Views)