From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant build Teststand deployment because of 'broken' deployment VIs

Hi,

I am currently trying to deploy quite a simple sequence but am suffering some diffculty with deployment Vis themselves.

Using the "Deploy Teststand System" dialog.  I am trying to deply from a workspace file containing all the relevant files.  The files, as displayed in the 'distributed files' tab, are as expected, and the installer options are set as required.  However, on building the package the following error is returned (I include the entire log since it is not all that big).

"Starting Log.
Processing Workspace...
Done processing workspace file
Beginning build process, please wait.
1:29 PM
An installer was not created due to an error
The build is finished
1:29 PM
Error Code:7
Could not process LabVIEW VIs. Fix any broken VIs before rebuilding. LabVIEW error:
Invoke Node in TestStand - Dist Cmp Settings to Disk Hier.vi->TestStand - Build VI Distribution.vi->TestStand - Build VI Distribution AX Wrapper.vi->TestStand - Build VI Distribution AX Wrapper.vi.ProxyCaller
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"

When I open the responsible VI it has no broken arrow, so I can only assume it is a runtime error of some description.  Also the diagram is passworded, so I cant take a look around the code.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Cheers,

Barry

P.S.  I have LabVIEW 7.1.1 installed with Teststand 3.1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,671 Views)
Hi,

You have to make sure all the VI's included the ones in the TestStand folders are at the same version of labview. If you have done a mass compile then I recommend you perform that action.

Error Code:7
Could not process LabVIEW VIs. Fix any broken VIs before rebuilding. LabVIEW error:
Invoke Node in TestStand - Dist Cmp Settings to Disk Hier.vi->TestStand - Build VI Distribution.vi->TestStand - Build VI Distribution AX Wrapper.vi->TestStand - Build VI Distribution AX Wrapper.vi.ProxyCaller

This error is not an error with the Distribution VI's but and error because it couldn't load a VI for processing.

Have you tried doing a search on the forums as this topic has come up before on a number of occassion.
Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,666 Views)