NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start TestSTand 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

I cannot start TestStand 2012 anymore. I get this error.

TestStand2012_start_error.jpg

I am administrator on my machine.

Tteststand 2012 was the only instalation I have

Reinstalled .net framework 4.0 full.

Reinstalled teststand 2012

Installed TS2014, this is working

Switched back to 2012 via TS version selector -> still same error

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,812 Views)

Hi ChristianL,

Your 2012 TestStand sequences should be able to open in TestStand 2014. Have you tried opening them? Is there a specific reason that you need to use TestStand 2012?

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,771 Views)

In my company we have quite some TS2012, so just upgrading them is not a simple process.

And there are enough differences between teststand versions to easily switch between them (EG. models, and types are not one button backwords compatible, some commands have new properties like select/case, etc).

So for the moment we need to stick to TS2012. It should just work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,737 Views)

Hi ChristianL,

Thanks for the information, and you are correct it should work. Below are some troubleshooting steps that will help us move forward in resolving this issue.

1. Install problems are often caused by over protective anti-virus applications that block or quarantine files, have you tried installing with the anit-virus disabled? 
  2. Do you have the LabWindows/CVI Runtime Engine installed? If not could you try installing with the anti-virus temporarily disabled? 
  3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling TestStand Version Selector with the anti-virus temporarily disabled.
  4. Try following the steps in the KnowledgeBase article below for checking the ActiveX components. 

COM Class Factory Error When Launching the TestStand Sequence Editor

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86256A47004E16D186256A930070E9B0 

Please let me know if you have any questions or updates. 

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,713 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CristianL.

I can reproduce this error by manualy modifying the contents of a Type palletes file !!!!

<Obj name='TypeName'>
                            <subprops>
                                <Types classname='Objs'>
                                    <value lbound='[0]' ubound='[20]'> <--------------- changed this to another value and the error appears

Message 5 of 5
(3,329 Views)