NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you time how long it takes to execute a certain number of VI's in teststand?

I want to know if there is a function in TestStand where you can get the time it takes to execute say four VI's in a sequence.

For example I have a sequence with the following VIs

Do Test1
Do Test2
Do Test3

How can I get the time to do all tests?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,964 Views)

Here is an example sequence of how to do this.

See attachment

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,951 Views)
And if don't want to programatically get the times, simple enable Include Execution Times in Configure>Report Options and look at the numbers in the report after you run your sequence.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,946 Views)
Hi Test123,

I wanted to add a small detail as well.  Both posts before give great options for getting the times of specific steps as well as the overall execution time.  However, if you are looking for the actual time of a LV module execution instead of the step execution time, you can get this time in Locals.ResultsList[x].TS.ModuleTime, where x is the index of the step.  You could add up the values of multiple steps to see how much of the total time you actually spend in the modules.  Also, another option if you just want the time it takes to execute a number of steps, there is also a variable Locals.ResultList[x].TS.TotalTime.

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,942 Views)