NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change report / database options at the time a test is started?

I have a test station with a full Teststand license and the operator selects from a number of different system tests for various products simply using File > Open.  The problem is I need to write the results to different report directories and databases but there seems to be no straight forward method of changing this other than using the Configure menu from within Teststand... not the best solution as when an operator forgets to change the settings data goes to the wrong place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,394 Views)

In your process model, there is a ReportOptions Callback that you can override all of the values that are saved in the Configuration Entry Point.  You can override this callback in your sequence file, or modify the process model.

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,388 Views)

The ReportOptions callback is working nicely. Thanks for taking the time to reply with the soln!

Pete

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,374 Views)

KnowledgeBase 2V39NFO6: Logging Different Sequence Files Data to Different Databases

Gives Specific information on how to do the for Databases

Question: Can anyone give the same kind of specific infomation to change the Directory, where TESTSTAND Test Reports are sent after a Sequence  Executes using Callbacks.

I followed >>>

KnowledgeBase 2V39NFO6: Logging Different Sequence Files Data to Different Databases

and it works well.  I have 9 different models of UUT using different TESTSTANDSequences that need a Separate Database and Test Report Directories.  The call back to the Database works.

Need the call back for the Test Reports

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,329 Views)
Good to know that everything is wokring now !

Thanks
Nandini
Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,310 Views)
ReportOptions callback info.... this is what I am doing via a callback simply using an expression step.

Parameters.ReportOptions.Directory = StationGlobals.ReportDirectory, Parameters.ReportOptions.DisableReportGeneration = False,
Parameters.ReportOptions.IncludeStepResults = True,
Parameters
.ReportOptions.DirectoryType = "SpecificDirectory",
Parameters
.ReportOptions.BaseName = StationGlobals.ReportBasename,
Parameters
.ReportOptions.IncludeLimits = True,
Parameters
.ReportOptions.AddTimeAndDateToFileName = True, Parameters.ReportOptions.NewFileNameForEachUUT = True,
Parameters
.ReportOptions.ForceFileNameToBeUnique = True

As you can see I have a global setting the directory and basename for the report... long story as to why I am doing this but if you simply want to specify a directory using a path you must use quotes around the text... "C:\\test\\reports"

hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,303 Views)