NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the XML style sheet be embedded in the report file?

My customer would like to be able to share test reports with several locations. The problem is that sending just the XML report file is not enough. The report file points to a style sheet that must exist at the specified path on the destination PC. It creates problems when one simply wants to email over a test report. I have customized the style sheet slightly to make things easier to read. So, can I embed my custom style sheet in each report file?

Thanks,

Daniel L. Press
PrimeTest Corp.
www.primetest.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,946 Views)
Hi,

The XML style sheet should not be embedded into the report file. Since XML would represent raw data, you would not include information on how to interpret it. However, there is a way for you to easily reference your style sheet, even when it is on another computer.

1) Go to Configure >> Report Options in TestStand, and change the style sheet file to your style sheet.
2) Uncheck the "Store Absolute File Path" box.
3) Make sure the style sheet is in the same folder as your report.

You can view this on any computer, and now a relative path is now being used to reference the file.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,930 Views)
Hi

It is possible to embedded a style sheet into the XML report. But there are some issues.

1. Does not work very well with Internet explorer.
2. The current style sheets shipping with TestStand is not written with that in mind.

I have attached a simple example which I found on the internet, which shows you how to do this.
It works with firefox.

I hope this helps.
Regards
Anand Jain
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,878 Views)
The attachement.
Remove .txt extension before using it.

Anand Jain
0 Kudos