From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Modify VI Description in Edit LabVIEW Call in TS 3.5

Hello there,

I'm documenting my TS sequences and I've noticed that my VI descriptions in LabVIEW 7.1.1 are not propagated to the Sequence Editor (TS 3.5) when I select Specify Module... on my LabVIEW test steps. The VI description text box under Edit LabVIEW Call contains <No VI description present> and is uneditable - Windows even beeps in digust when I try to enter text in this field.

Not sure if this is relevant - I'm using LV Development System Server and Allow Only New Templates under LV Adapter Configuration.

Any thoughts?

-Chroma

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,162 Views)
Hi Chroma,

I tried to produce the same behavior on my workstation and it works fine.  Is it only for a particular VI that this happens? Can you create a VI from the TestStand step, edit it's Documentation, then reload prototype and see the same results?

Have a great day,

Ecleamus Ricks, Jr.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,134 Views)
I've tried this from scratch also - see attached .zip.

If I open testdocgen.vi with Specify Module... then no VI description text is shown in the no VI description text box. If I select Reload Prototype, the text appears but is still un-editable.

Is this normal behaviour?

-Chroma
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,125 Views)

Hi,

That window is read only, like the connector pane above it.

But I would have thought if you had text in the description property of the VI you shouldn't need to reload the Prototype. So maybe that's a bug with TestStand's labview adapter.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,107 Views)