NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only access SequenceContext.Step

I just started a new internship and for this job I need to incorporate TestStand and Windows Forms in Visual Studios to accomplish certain goals.

One thing I need to be able to do is write certain test variables to the reporting functionality in TestStand. I have a subsequence in a step that allows me to edit using a windows form and that form takes a SequenceContext so that I can use that in the C# code. I am able to access the properties and methods of the Step property of my SequenceContext object, however if I tried to access anything else like .Report, I get a null error or "Object not set to a reference" error.

Like I said I am quite new to this program so I'm sure that more information is likely needed and I will specify whatever else will help solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,724 Views)

Hope this will help..

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372844b.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,723 Views)

This unfortunately is not helpful. I have seen this and looked through it but here's the main issue. if this is the code:

Form1(SequenceContext seqCon){

this.seqCon = seqCon;

}

seqCon.Step

seqCon.Report

In the above code, seqCon.step is fine and I can access all of it's properties but seqCon.Report is null and crashes the program

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,715 Views)

By default, the report is not generated until the end of the sequence and only if you are running using a process model.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,708 Views)