NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not find station global in labview user interface

When you run the sequence file in the UI what is the name of the button you are clicking?  Does it say Test UUTs or does it say Single Pass or does it say Run MainSequence?

My guess is that the property loader, because it is in ProcessSetup, only runs when you run in a non-interactive mode.  In other words you have to use an entry point which will call that callback.  This doesn't explain why the variables aren't there but it will at least help me understand why you are only seeing the error in the sequence call and not in the property loader step.

Sorry to question your using another machine.  Everything you have described and seen to this point indicates that you are on a different machine.  Also, StationGlobals will be and should be the same in the UI and the Sequence Editor.  So LabVIEW cannot have it's "own" copy of them.  Basically the way it works is that when the application manager gets ran it pulls in all the config files, StationGlobals being one of them.  So that instance of the TestStand engine will load the copy of StationGlobals from the cfg folder.  Even if it were to change in the cfg folder TestStand should reload it.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(2,394 Views)

Sorry I was away from work for two days. Yes in the Labview UI i just click on the "run main sequence" button to test the UUT (I don't know why the run UUT button was not there in Labview UI). Following your advice I tried to run the main sequence alone in TestStand Sequence editor it still did not complain about the Station globals. Is this information helpful?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(2,365 Views)

I think I found what's wrong. I just checked the "Station Options" of my Teststand User interface full featured (Excutable), the station options specified that the current User manager file is in the folder "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Test stand 2014(64-bit)\Cfg\Users.ini" but when i look for the User manager file in the Teststand User interface full featured "Top-Level VI.vi", the current User manager file is in the folder "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2014 (32-bit)\Cfg\User.ini  . I figured this indeed sugest the station globals file could be of different location when I run the vi or excutable. I went to the two locations, each of the location indeed holds a station global file of different modified date. I think I must have had Teststand 2014(32-bit) installed at one stage.

Do you think this is why I have the problem? I haven't tried it yet because I heard that I shouldn't move the station globals file from one of the previous posts.

Any way, now the question is: Do I just copy the station globals file from the 64-bit to 32-bit path, or is there some way to configure the station global file in Teststand simple user interface? I currently run the Teststand 64 bits, no longer have the 32 bits teststand. I prefer somehow configure the station global file in the simple user interface so update my sequence file without worrying about this problem again.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(2,358 Views)

It all makes sense now.  You need to run the sequence file in the same version and bitness of TestStand that you develop in.  I don't see a reason why you should need to edit the Station Globals in the UI.  When you deploy just deploy them to the right location.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(2,351 Views)

Thanks a lot for that. I now have changed the User manager and perference of the configuration directory in Full featured teststand UI to both point at the 64 bits teststand configuration folder. This has also made the simple UI work. So I no longer get the error for not being able to find Station globals. I think that should be the way to fix it. Thanks a lot for everyone's help. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(2,342 Views)

I probably wouldn't repoint the directory like that if I were you?  I would just use the correct UI.  Use the UI that opens the 64 bit engine.  Then all your directories will be correct.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(2,320 Views)

Hi Ideally i think that would be the best thing to do, but i tried to figure out how to select the 64 bit engine I couldn't figure it out. How would i do that? Also I wrote the sequence files in Teststand 64 bits how could it be still working in Labview Simple UI when it's using the 32 bits engine, this still puzzles me. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(2,311 Views)