From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can TS work with sql server compact or express?

I'm don't have much experience with the underpinning of database systems.  I know conceptually how they work and can hack my way through sql queries.  Is there something fundamentally different about a Sql Server Compact itnstall versus Sql Server versus Sql Server Express?  Can TS work with any of them with a proper connection string?

My problem is at our local site a previous employee set us up on Sql Server and wrote a web app (.asp) to do the query for presentation on a web page.  At an offsite location they can't install Sql Server and I'm trying to figure out the best path for them to be able to use the same .asp tool we have.  My gut feeling is the .asp tool is probably set up such that it wouldn't take much to make it work with MySql but because I don't have the luxury of time I'm hoping someone can point me in what they think might be the easiest direction (whether that is sql compact if possible or MySql for them).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,016 Views)

Hi,

TestStand works with SQL server express. (not sure about SQL server compact).

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,999 Views)