NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Symantec's ProcommPlus code be run by TestStand ?

Can Symantec's ProcommPlus (Aspect IDE) code be run under TestStand ?
- Is there a way to port the code over to TestStand or transform it into a series of DLL files for use by TestStand ?

I understand that TestStand can run code created by any programming language ....
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,761 Views)
The scripts cannot be called directly by TestStand. You write a script, compile it to a .wax file, and then Procomm will run it. You would need to control Procomm itself from TestStand. The only control that Procomm gives you is that it is a DDE Server. I don't think there exists a DDE step type for TestStand but many programming languages support so you could probably use a code module to give you some automation. I needed a VT100 terminal emulator program to run from TestStand and while I like Procomm, I found the DDE interface too limiting. Instead, I used a product called HyperAccess which has an ActiveX interface. Of course, if you just need some basic serial communication, there are more direct and easier methods.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,752 Views)
TestStand can call many different programming languages, but not all.

The languages that have adaptors are:

LabVIEW
LabWindows/CVI
C/C++ DLL
.NET
ActiveX/COM
HTBasic

In addition, using the ActiveX adaptor you can connect to any code which has an ActiveX server interface.

Josh W. | National Instruments | Applications Engineering

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,732 Views)