NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Property Loader to import/export module's parameters?

Hello

I would like to use Property Loader to import/export the input parameters of each step.

I would like to get/set the parameter's value before the test is executed. 

Is there any chance to not use locals but instead get direct access to the module's parameter (e.g. LabVIEW module -> VI -> input values. In the same way like TestStand keeps the values for them

let say we have the a step that is of Labviewmodule type (a simple VI) and it has one input that can store the default value of the VI input, in TestStand you can edit the value (uncheck the default value and put your own value) and then save the sequence. the value is saved in the sequence file.

I would like to know the way to get to that value/parameter from Labview using TS API references. 

Thank you for any kind of suggestions.

Maciek 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,231 Views)

It doesn't make sense what you are asking.  It seems you are really asking 2 questions here:

Question 1: Can the Property Loader import module's parameters?  The answer is no.  You should use a local or fileglobal and assign those through the property loader.

Question 2: Can I dynamically access a LabVIEW Adapter's parameters within LabVIEW?  The answer is yes.  See Attachment.

The LabVIEW Module is an automation refnum set to the TestStand Adapter class whereas the Step is a handle to the step you are manipulating.  This VI just gets the first parameter and puts a 5 as the actual value (I think... I haven't tested it).

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 3
(3,226 Views)

I decided to write my own parser for getting the step properties and module inputs ouf of every of my sequence/subsequence/step wihtin my MainSequence. It works pretty well but i have someo timing issues (takes too long time). After optimizing i reduced the time of getting all properties/inputs from 20-30 sec. to 10 sec. Probably it still could be optimized since natve TS PropertyLoader reads the proprerties immediately but it works only in scope of one sequence and is not able to read inputs. I user recurency to get into all subsequences and then to get into array of clusters of arrays (since the types i can read can be any and i don't know the labels so i cannot use Lookup strings). Totally there are about 4000 of elements in my result array (properties & inputs).

Anyway thank you for help

I will be back probably if i could not optimize it more... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,176 Views)