From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I rename Mainsequence? No results in report!

Can I rename my Mainsequence within a sequence file to another name, and then create a new Mainsequence?

The reason I ask is because I had a sequence file where my Mainsequence contained all of my steps. I then needed to have the ability to call one of two subsequences based on a button selection. So I renamed my Mainsequence to Sequence1, added a Sequence2, and created a new Mainsequence that simply called Sequence1 or Sequence2. That part worked OK, and I was successfully able to call either of those sequences. After I did that however, my test results would no longer be written to my report. A report was generated but only contained the header info and the 'End of Report'. All the properties for writing reslults to the report were set properly at the step, sequence, and station level.
Was this problem caused by renaminig my Mainsequence or is something else going wrong?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,914 Views)
OK, I found out why it wasn't recording results to the report file. The check box to record results was unchecked on the Sequence Call step because I didn't want that recorded to the file. Aparently none of the steps within the sequence that is called by that Sequence Call step get recorded in that case either, even if the steps within that sequence have the Record Results option enabled.

I'm still wondering if it is OK to rename Mainsequence or if that will cause problems.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,907 Views)
It is ok to rename MainSequence. However, if no sequence in your file is named MainSequence, you will get an error if you try to run with a process model entry point such as Test UUTs or Single Pass because these entry points call the sequence named MainSequence in your file.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,900 Views)
Hi,

You can rename the MainSequence by going to the view all sequences view, double clicking on MainSequence and entering a new name.

You must bare in mind if you run your sequencefile using Test UUT's or Single Pass, an error will be generated because your sequencefile doesn't contain a MainSequence.

That's not a problem if you only ever call your sequences within that SequenceFile as Sub-Sequences.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,898 Views)